Romania-Thailand/H .E.Mr.Sukavich Rangsitpol,Minister of Education Thailand 1995-1997

กระทู้สนทนา
Romania celebrates National Day December 1

Message from Dr. Ioan Voicu
Ambassador of Romania

On the auspicious occasion of the National Day of Romania December 1st - which symbolizes the achievement of the Union of all Romanians - I have the honour and privilege to convey the most respectful and warm greetings to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, to the whole Royal Family, to the Government and friendly people of Thailand.

In 1997, Romania continued to attach a great value to the expansion and diversification of political, economic, educational and cultural relations with Thailand. In June, H.E. Mr. Sukavich Rangsitpol, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Education of Thailand paid a successful visit to Bucharest, met H.E. Mr. Victor Ciorbea, the Prime Minister of Romania and signed a Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in the field of education. In July, H.E. Mr. Sakda Mokkamakkul, President of the Supreme Court of Thailand, led an important delegation of lawyers to Romania and had significant professional discussions with H.E. Dr. Gheorghe Uglean, President of the Supreme Court of Justice of Romania. Groups of friendship of Romanian and Thai parliamentarians were established during the first semester of this year and an encouraging dialogue was opened between their members.

H.E. Mr. Akos Birtalan, Minister or Tourism of Romania, was in May the host of the Royal Thai Government and of the Tourism Authority of Thailand and signed in Bangkok a Memorandum of Understanding for co-operation in the field of tourism.

In the economic area, the 8th session of the Joint Commission on Trade Co-operation held in April in Bangkok reaffirmed the mutual task to promote better and more substantial trade exchanges in order to reach the annual target level of 100 million US dollars. A highly representative mission of the Thai Board of Trade, including prominent businessmen, visited Romania to identify and to explore new possibilities for enlarging economic relations. Most recently, in November, a delegation of the Romanian Chamber of Trade and Industry visited Thailand with similar professional purposes. The Romanian and Thai chapters of the Business Councils, created in 1996, are playing now an active rote in developing direct contacts between the business communities of the two countries and in assisting them to make a better use of their strong economic potential.

In May, Romania and Thailand signed a new trade agreement which will surely contribute to the strengthening of the legal framework for bilateral co-operation, a function similar to that performed by two other juridical instruments already in force: the Convention for the avoidance of double taxation and the Agreement on the mutual promotion and protection of investments.

In the educational and cultural areas, a Romanian professor continued to teach mathematics in Chulalongkorn University, which sent in May a group of Thai professors to visit some Romanian institutions of higher education. A delegation of "Lucian Blaga" University of Sibiu paid a visit to Chiang Mai University in accordance with the General Agreement signed by them to foster friendship and international co-operation in education and research. Promising contacts have also been established with Assumption, Bangkok, Mahidol, Silpakorn, Srinakharinwirot, Sukhothaithammathirat, Thammasat, Kasetsart, and Ramkhamhaeng Universities.

In November, four Romanian rectors attended the International Association of Universities’ Conference in Bangkok which focused on academics’ freedom and the role of universities in the era of globalization.

Silpakorn University continued to facilitate the functioning of a modicum of Romanian studies in the form of a Romanian language programme for interested members of the Thai academic community.

With the generous support of the National Library of Thailand a Romanian Book Exhibition was inaugurated in May and was devoted also to the celebration of Lucian Blaga, a greet Romanian poet and philosopher.

At the United Nations, in its specialized agencies, as well as in other international organizations, Romania and Thailand have continued their fruitful co-operation and have offered additional illustrations of their firm commitment in safeguarding the world peace and security, in promoting sustainable development, the peaceful settlement of disputes among states and the supremacy of the rule of law.

May I conclude by reiterating my strong confidence that Romania and the Kingdom of Thailand have indeed bright perspectives to expand and diversify their co-operation at bilateral level and in the arena of multilateral diplomacy. I wish to extend my best wishes for the continuous progress and prosperity of our two nations, for the consolidation of their prestige in the world community.

Finally, I wish to express my thanks to Pattaya Mail for the opportunity to address myself to its readers.

Dr. Ioan Voicu
Ambassador of Romania
โปรดศึกษาและยอมรับนโยบายข้อมูลส่วนบุคคลก่อนเริ่มใช้งาน อ่านเพิ่มเติมได้ที่นี่